Friday, January 13, 2012

You have questions, I have answers

Sooo Ive been getting asked the same questions on facebook since I started posting about all this. I figured I'll answer them here and maybe clear some things up.

- What's your secret? No secret, just good 'ol diet and exercise!  I think diet is the wrong word to use here, though.  I'm not following any crazy fad, or taking any pills.  They put nutrition facts on the box for a reason people!  Better yet, eat more things that don't come in boxes.  Fresh vegetables are your friends! They are still delicious without being drenched in cheese or butter. Also, I used to drink Dr. Pepper like it was keeping me alive! Soda has no health benefits whatsoever! I quit cold turkey and haven't had any in over 5 weeks! Water does your body good!

- How do you work out? My dear husband bought me a treadmill when I decided to turn my life around. I started off slow and walked for 30 or more minutes a day.  Now I can jog for an extended period of time. I also started P90X about 2 weeks ago. It's going well so far, but it's only for people who are willing to commit. After this, I plan on doing Insanity, also from the makers of P90X.  We'll see how this goes!
 
-Why are you doing this? I'm doing this because I'm sick of being embarrassed for other people to see pictures of me.  I'm sick of not looking good in anything I wear.  I want to run around with my son and not feel like dying.  I want to give him a sibling sometime soon.  I've been making unhealthy choices for a while, and it's time to change.  I was about 140 lbs when I joined the Navy. Over the 18 months of training, I gained 60lbs. I was 200lbs when I found out I was pregnant. Gained 45lbs over 41 weeks of pregnancy, then dropped down around 210lbs shortly after my son's birth.  My husband was deployed for 6 months and instead of getting healthy then, I ate myself to a whopping 251lbs. It's time to take control of my body!
                                          Me right after bootcamp July 2008, around 140lbs
                         Me and my wonderful Hubby on our wedding day, Jan 17, 2009. around 155lbs.
                                                12 weeks pregnant, March 2010. 200+lbs
                                   The week Dan came back for deployment, July 2011. 250lbs


-How long has it been? I started just about 5 weeks ago. In those 5 weeks, I've lost just over 11lbs and 24 inches from various parts of my body!

Thank you for the support, and maybe I can inspire someone else to change their ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment