Saturday, January 14, 2012

Saturday Weigh-in... Sorta.

I have discovered something that most women have a bad habit about. Weighing yourself every day or numerous times of day can be hazardous to your ego. Fluctuations in water weight have a big influence on the scale. For the first couple of weeks, I weighed in on Saturdays.  That was me "official" weight.  But some days in between Saturdays I'd "feel fat" or even "feel skinny" so I would weigh myself. sometimes I was pleasantly surprised. Some days I wanted to kick myself for not working out more the day before.  It took some time to realize that on Saturdays, the number on the scale was always lower than last Saturday.  It has become my favorite day of the week.  It's nice to see that I am doing something right.

Well this week has been crazy with Dan leaving for a month and Lucas is working on three teeth at once. I kind of forgot what day it was and weighed in YESTERDAY.  My bad.  I'm not going to weigh myself again today, since it most likely didn't change.

Last weeks weight was 243.6
This week's weight (done yesterday) is....

 That's a whole 3.4 lbs! For a total loss of 11.3lbs!

I would say that I'm proud of myself.  But honestly, I should never have gotten up to this weight in the first place. I can't celebrate it, because to me, I'm just doing something that needed to be done.  Celebrating this would be like celebrating taking a shower daily. I'll reward my efforts with a few extra years of life and being able to go in public without thinking everyone is staring at the fat girl. 

Anyways, I plan on posting about my weigh ins on Saturdays. So stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment