Monday, January 16, 2012

What's For Dinner, Morning After Edition.

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, we were busy grocery shopping and cleaning.  So NOT fun, but it can get your blood pumping if you do it right.  Try parking in the back of the lot, forcing you to walk further.  Take the "scenic route" through the store. While shopping, suck in your stomach.  It causes your ab muscles to heat up, burn calories, and tighten them! Same goes for when you're cleaning.  Instead of bending over to pick up after hurricane Lucas the kids, do squats!  Hold those ab muscles in tight while you twist while mopping.  Easy way to burn those calories AND get stuff done at the same time! 

So, after we shopped and cleaned, we had two other navy wife friends whose husbands work on the same ship as mine.  This is where what we had for dinner comes in!  I made a lighter meatloaf using ground turkey instead of ground beef, oatmeal instead of breadcrumbs, applesauce instead of an egg, and fresh herbs instead of seasoning salt.  I cook like my mom does, so I added chopped onions and red bell pepper.  I also mixed in fresh garlic and fresh rosemary.  As sides, i roasted fresh broccoli tossed in olive oil, garlic powder, and pepper. This was the only dish that had any sort of oil in it.  We also had mashed red potatoes with garlic and rosemary.  Instead of butter, I used a little Greek yogurt and 2% milk.  I think the key to this meal is that I used fresh ingredients.  That's the best way to cut calories and fat! If you want the detailed recipe, just ask.  Also, I forgot to take pictures again. My bad! 

After dinner, the four of us went the The Skinny Dip for frozen yogurt! It was delicious and nonfat!

If today is warmer than yesterday, me and Lucas might take a trip to Mt Trashmore (yes that's it's real name!) to walk/jog around the lake track.  There's an awesome playground on the other side of the "mountain" that Lucas likes to stop at.  Here's to another awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment