Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Three Years Today

I always thought I would spend my anniversaries with the man I married.  Waking up next to him, getting each other silly cards, flowers, dinner.
January 17, 2009

I never thought I'd spend it without him, without even hearing his voice.  Especially not two in a row.  But that's one of the sacrifices of being in the military, or being a military spouse.  We spend a few holidays apart, just for the freedom to spend many more together.  Doesn't mean I don't miss him like crazy!  I am very lucky to have awesome friends who understand.  My husband may have not been able to give me flowers, but my "Virginia best friend" did.  She surprised me with beautiful red roses and Chick-fil-a.


GASP! Fast food!? yeah, I know.  But everything is OK in moderation.  I'll just workout extra hard today.  I completed day 18 of P90x today and I feel great!  Tonight I'll spend some time bonding with my treadmill.  He's been a little neglected lately due to me feeling badly about Dan being gone.  Only 3 weeks left and he'll be home!  Only for him to leave a month later for 7 months! Ugh that's another post altogether.  Thanks everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment