Friday, January 27, 2012

Chocolate Craving Satisfied!

One downfall of being a woman is.. well... you know.  Chocolate cravings come right along 'ol Aunt Flo.  But everything that I want is going to throw my 14.3 lbs lost right back onto my hips. I found on Pinterest today a recipe for black bean brownies.  Sounds pretty nasty, doesn't it? There's a whole can of black beans and no flour in it. Whaaaaat?! Yeah, weird.  But oh so delicious. Me and Lucas shared 3 of them.  I guess I gotta run extra hard tonight.

Each square is one serving...
 1 Can of black beans rinsed off
3 Eggs
3 Tbsp vegetable oil (I used canola oil)
1/4 Cup cocoa powder
Pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 Cup sugar (I used Splenda)

Put everything in the blender and blend until smooth.  Pour into a greased 8x8 pan and bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes.  I put chopped walnuts and heath bars on top of mine. Only a little bit of the candy.  These taste just like regular brownies, but without all of the guilt!  The full recipe is on All Recipes here.

4 comments:

  1. Keep it up, baby!! Your Aunt Lou loves you and is SO proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You better have one to share with me when I come over tomorrow!!!! :P I've always wanted to try those. And you'll be happy to know that I've been reading labels and making healthier choices while I was in ATL! You're rubbing off on me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im fairly certain my taste buds just climaxed! I must try this! Miss you! I'm proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im fairly certain my taste buds just climaxed! I must try this! Miss you! I'm proud of you!!!

    ReplyDelete